Monday, January 25, 2010

EDLD 5306 Web Conferencing

An optional opportunity to participate in two synchronous web conferences was offered this week. I participated in both conferences and found them to be quiet valuable as the professors and participants were able to see each other and connect in some way. I believe this human interaction is essential to any learning environment as it serves as a tool of collaboration and communication. On the first evening, we encountered several problems with audio and web cam connections. When audio was present, introductions were made and questions were posed concerning the week's assignments. When audio was not present, which was most of the hour, participants took advantage of the chat tool. On the second evening, the transition was much smoother with minimal audio and web cam problems. Again, we used this time to visit with Professor Borel concerning assignments and gain information about each other. Even though problems were present, I found this to be an enlightening and engaging experience. I am looking forward to the next web conference session. Did I find this to be valuable enough to use in my classroom? Yes! I think this would be a great tool to use with AP students who are completing summer assignments as this will provide them with needed interaction during the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment